Trends - Thought Leadership Content Manager
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Trends - Thought Leadership Content Manager
Product Management Manager, Consulting & Innovation
MasterCard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
The MasterCard Data & Services global product team is seeking an accomplished Product Director to lead the evolution of its Mastercard Market Trends product.
Mastercard Market Trends is at the heart of a business intelligence eco-system built on a universe of market data and payment insights. It helps customers across the globe make smarter decisions, stay competitive and embrace new trends. Our Product Managers are listening to our customers and driving new innovations in self-service market insights.
We are currently on a transformation journey to further evolve our platform, integrating it with all the others business intelligence platforms in a seamless customer experience, as part of one program, and this is a great opportunity to be part of a high-growth, diverse, agile and innovative team.
Product Management in Data & Services at Mastercard
• Attain full understanding of product strategy and vision
• Develop cross-functional partnerships in connection to execution of product strategy
• Coordinate across global and regional teams involved in specific projects/tasks
• Translate a deep understanding of our customers into products and solutions that drive significant customer value
• Balance the long-term direction of a product with today’s needs and constraints by fully understanding the technical, competitive, and commercial contexts of our products
• Drive globally-relevant solutions by understanding regional needs and tradeoffs, and build scalable products that serve an array of customer segments
• Set product direction with coordination, not isolation—taking into account how our products all work together to serve customer needs
• Own, define and deliver end-to-end strategy for multiple features for the Mastercard Market Trends product from as-is to future proof, both as a standalone product and as a key component of overall business intelligence program
• Design and conduct user research, including customer interviews, to deepen understanding of customers’ pain points, motivations and opportunities
• Identify the gaps vs. the desired positioning/competition and prepare an action plan to address it
• Building strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to source the relevant content and identify valuable partnerships
• Translate business priorities into clear, actionable technical requirements for engineering team/third parties
• Manage end to end the contractual relationship with third parties; including the contract scoping for new developments and monitoring
• Ensuring consistency across all Market Trends published materials
• Promote internal and external feature adoption
• Build strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to achieve product goals
• Partner with internal Delivery teams to answer product questions and provide product support
• Partner with Customer Experience team to design intuitive, highly relevant features that are of maximum value to clients
• Owning the publishing pipeline, communication planning and prove the relevant inputs to engagement team
• Team management
All About You
• Agile product management experience in business intelligence solutions.
• Experience in managing analytical solutions designed for payments or related financial services sectors preferred.
• Solutions-oriented skillset with the ability to drive thought leadership.
• Experience designing, executing and distilling user research to drive value for the customer, an outstanding user experience and stickiness
• Keen understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends in the data monetization, self-service analytics and predictive insights space, and the ability to translate that understanding into meaningful actions and enhancements
• Proven track record collaborating in cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding products and features
• Great interpersonal skills, team management skills, and people development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interface with clients
• Highly organized and able to deal with multiple and competing priorities
• Knowledge and skills using product management tools, (e.g. market and product plans, project timelines, marketing research, pricing, business case development)
• Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant experience
• Technical background (e.g. Computer Science or related field) a plus
• Advanced degree is helpful
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178671
Your application has been successfully submitted.