Senior Content Designer
Transform is a Technology and Data consultancy that defines, designs, builds, and operates products and services for our customers.
We work with our clients to optimise, accelerate, and transform their digital, data and technology programmes, from augmenting teams to defining and delivering new services and operating models. We deliver outcomes not outputs, building capability in client organisations.
In the public sector, we wrote the DirectGov review for Martha Lane-Fox in 2011, a report that helped start the revolution towards User Centred and Agile methods for delivering services. Since then, we have designed and built over 50 public sector services, helping our clients pass over 90 Government Digital Service assessments.
In the private sector we operate in multiple sectors with a strong focus on retail, financial services and automotive. We help our clients define their digital and data strategies, and then design, build, and operate them in cost-effective and user-centric ways.
We are part of the Next 15 group, a multi-national organisation spanning over 25 brands. We combine the financial robustness and breadth of services of a large organisation, with the nimbleness and innovation of a smaller brand.
Find out more at: www.transformUK.com
- The Role:
- As a Senior Content Designer you will be working across a variety of Research & Design projects, bringing your content skills and experience to solving fascinating design challenges.
- We will expect the successful candidate to have knowledge and skills in designing content that is evidence-based – bringing together user research and insight with content to create services that help people complete their journeys and goals.
- You will be expected to contribute to the process of defining and developing content in support of the end-to-end experiences. Therefore, you will have an outstanding portfolio of content from projects you have been involved in. We would expect to see a variety of platforms and media, demonstrating engaging content with great writing.
- You will need to have a natural affinity for user needs and the empathy to work with stakeholders and clients in a way that uncovers the point where user and business needs meet.
- Key Skills/Experiences:
- At least 5+ years in content design
- User centred content design – using user research to inform content design, developing content that works for all users
- Experience designing services for users that struggle online, e.g., through disability, lack of digital confidence, age or neurodiversity and understand what is needed to build an inclusive service
- Information design – integrating text, data, and visual content into engaging, simple to understand user experience
- Experience in designing information architecture, developing user centred taxonomies and pseudonym/alias libraries
- Developing content design principles, style guides and ‘tone of voice’
- User testing – taking content styles out to user groups to test with
- Experience of an Agile project environment
- Multi-platform content design
- Experience working in government
- Experience working with Whitehall Publisher platform
- Familiarity with Government Digital Service writing conventions
- Branding and layout design
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
At Transform we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all, and we actively seek applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
Your application has been successfully submitted.